Well guys and gals, we have officially been through our last Christmas episode ever of The Vampire Diaries, ‘The Next Time I Hurt Somebody, It Could Be You’, it was also the last mid season finale for this show. The last we saw of our beloved characters, Damon had just been shanked in the heart with a stake by Alaric and Matt, and Stefan had agreed to give up his soul, along with teaming up with Damon, who also gave up his soul, to save Alaric and Caroline’s daughters from Cade. Now we have to wait till January 13, 2017 for the next episode. Boo.
Things you need to know:
- Within the first ten minutes of the episode, Damon shanks Stefan with a stake, killing him and sending him to have a little chat with Cade, their new boss.
- Enzo gives Bonnie the most incredible Christmas present ever, he’s taking her to Paris, of course she makes a big deal about only getting him t-shirts for Christmas. He says something that made my heart ache, “Bonnie Bennett you are the gift I always wanted.” GUYS! IT HURTS SO GOOD!
- Okay, so does Stefan remember any of his past as a ripper? I swear, he forgets more than he remembers anything. He apparently went into a ripper binge and killed a bunch of workers on a farm on Christmas Eve. He also apparently met Selene at the point and Cade marked his soul as his. Lord. This is giving me a headache.
- During his little afterlife trip, Cade tells Stefan that he screwed Elena by coming into her life after she already had to deal with so much stuff after her parents death. Uhm, but Elena was the doppelgänger, so her life was already sealed? Damon and Stefan actually HELPED her in the long run, in their own little screwed up way.
- Before he is catapulted back into his body in the real world, Stefan makes a new deal with Cade. He’ll give him one year as the ripper, but after that he wants out. Cade, of course, thinks he and the ripper will want to stay working under Cade after a year, which is probably true.
- Caroline coming in clutch! She gave Damon Elena’s necklace, hoping to trigger something, and he ends up giving it to Sybil, barf.
- BUT GUYS, GUYS, GUYS! HE DOES REMEMBER ELENA. THIS IS THE BEST NEWS EVER
- OH WAIT, THERE’S MORE! HE RIPPED OUT SYBILS HEART AND LEFT IT NEXT TO HER AND TOOK THE NECKLACE. *Delena heart swooooooooooooooooning*
- Also, before I forget, Enzo used the tuning fork on Sybil, which Selene handed over WILLINGLY, during Christmas dinner and it hurt Bonnie. WHAT IN THE SAM HELL?!
- Apparently Selene left some sort of psychic link on the girls and Alaric tells her to go to hell, but of course he ends up meeting her and having her take the link off, which she does willingly. Somethings changed in her, probably the fact that she is going to the deepest pits of hell when she dies.
- To end the episode Damon picks up Stefan on the side of the road and Stefan waits till they are out of Mystic Falls to turn off his humanity. HELL YAS, WE ARE GETTING THE RIPPAH BACK! YAY!
I defiantly did not look for a video of Klaus just saying Rippah over and over again after this episode, nope, not at all.
So y’all, what did you think of the last episode? Good? Bad? Worth it? I liked it, good ending for the midseason, I do wish they wouldn’t make Caroline his trigger to turn his humanity back on though, but alas, we will have to wait and see.