I don’t think I’ve ever been so happy for an episode – Nostalgia’s a Bitch. So many flashbacks, so many characters back from the dead. I had lots of happy tears and I hope y’all did too. There is something else about this episode that I will address at the end of this post. Also, sorry for the lateness!
Things you need to know:
- Damon is locked inside his head and only Sybil can get him out of it. Well, at least she thought, he still ends up locked in his head, burning alive.
- Miss Mystic from last episode already killed everyone in the Mystic Grill and Stefan ends up killing her as a sacrifice to Cade.
- Sybil wants the Maxwell bell in return for getting Bonnie and Caroline into Damon’s subconscious. They make the deal and work their way into their mind.
- Inside Damon’s head we run into Vicky, Momma Forbes, and Tyler. ALL THE FLASHBACKS!
- Of course, this is the Momma Forbes who doesn’t know Care is a vampire, so she takes her away and ends up torturing her until Caroline “forgives” Damon for everything he ever did.
- Bonnie runs to her Grams (SQEEEE) house and has her do a tracking spell on Damon, which puts her in the cemetery where she runs into Tyler and soon she forgives Damon for everything he’s done in the past. She also figures out who has to free Damon from his mind.
- Come to find out, when the bell is rung twelve times, is brings about hell fire and kills everyone in miles of the bells, which means that the entire town of Mystic Falls would be destroyed if Matt rings the bells.
- Matt, of course, is compelled by Stefan to either ring the bell or forgive Damon for killing Vicky, but SPOILER! he wasn’t the one who killed Vicky, Stefan was. *rolls eyes*
- Apparently to free Damon from his mind, Stefan has to go into Damon’s mind and Damon has to forgive Stefan for everything he has done to him, starting with him forcing Damon to turn.
- The vampire in Damon’s brain who is killing people, is Stefan in his ripper form. Once Damon forgives Stefan, who is then thrown out of his mind.
- HUMANITY DAMON IS BACK! Of course, once he’s back, he rips out Stefan’s heart and puts him on his ass for the next few hours, just enough time to lock him in the cellar.
- I don’t understand why they always display Caroline groveling for a man in her life. She did it with Tyler and Matt, Jesse too. I’m so disgusted by these people most of the time.
- Damon reads Bonnie’s letter to her, from his memory, and I swear, I cried FOREVER. I love this friendship so much. I just want the best for both of them. *sobs*
- Matt is unable to ring the bell the twelve times before Damon comes to the rescue, but it was rung just enough times for Cade to slip through into the human plane.
- DING-DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD!! Well, both of them. Cade sets fire to both of the sirens and I want to give him a high five, even if he was an asshole.
So, I mentioned earlier that I wanted to address something about this episode. I have a BIG problem with the fact that Julie and the writers of TVD had Caroline’s character forgive Damon for everything he did to her. Damon abused, took advantage, and raped Caroline throughout the first season. As a woman producer with a very large FEMALE fanbase, I find the fact that Julie let that slide into the script disgusting. I haven’t been a fan of Plec for a long time, but this is the cherry on the shit sundae that is her as a person. Rape is NEVER okay, Abuse is NEVER okay, taking advantage of someone is NEVER okay. Caroline should have never forgiven Damon, I don’t care how important of a character he is, SHE IS IMPORTANT TOO! THIS IS 2017 FOR GODS SAKE WOMEN ARE NOT SECOND CLASS CITIZENS!