Well, second to last episode of The Vampire Diaries, “We’re Planning A June Wedding’, EVER. I don’t know if I’m personally ready and this episode did anything but quell my nerves and brain for all of our dear characters. Last week left us with the death of the Devil, the re-emprisionment of Kai in a prison world, and the return of Queen Bitch, KATHERINE! I’m excited, are you?!
Things you need to know:
- Apparently Matt’s Moms back and SURPRISE! She’s dead and was spending a siesta in hell.
- The Mystic Falls gang plans a shotgun wedding to draw out Katherine and take her down. They also gather her bones so they can make a weapon to destroy her.
- Damon got ordained for Caroline and Stefan’s wedding. Why am I not surprised?!
- Human Stefan is a terrible drinking partner, so Damon commissions Caroline to be his new buddy. They spend time drinking and remembering things. As well as pouring one out for Liz. I’m sorry, I’m just not over the fact that Liz won’t be there for Care’s wedding. *sobs*
- Damon gives Caroline Elena’s necklace to wear during the wedding so she knows that Elena is with her, always.
- Well, apparently Valerie wasn’t dead like I thought she was because Alaric reached out to her and had a protection spell on the Twins so they could be there for the wedding.
- Alaric nor Bonnie feel they can be at the wedding. DO YOU BLAME THEM?!
- Matt’s mom attacked his dad and some other random chick in the Mystic Grill (seriously, how has that place not been closed for too many damned murders?!) (HINT she’s working with Katherine)
- Bonnie shows up to save the day and walk Caroline down the isle. THIS IS WHY BONNIE NEEDS TO BE PROTECTED AT ALL COSTS! HERE SHE GOES BEING THERE FOR HER FRIENDS EVEN WHEN SHE’S LITERALLY HANGING ON BY A THREAD. (ugh, these writers are assholes.)
- Okay, so I am Klaroline through and through, but the vows Caroline and Stefan said were huge tear jerkers. Steroline still sucks though….
- Reason #1 to love Candice Accola: She literally looks good in EVERYTHING.
- Matt’s mom planted a propane tank in the fireplace of the reception hall. Of course, Bonnie and the twins were in there looking for the bathroom.
- SURPRISE IT EXPLODES!
- The twins are protected by the protection spell of Valerie’s and using their powers to protect Bonnie, but they’re siphoning her and her psychic dimension, which means she has to let Enzo go, which he encourages. Bye-Bye Enzo. *MORE SOBBING*
- Matt’s mom is working with Katherine so she can get a release from the tortures of hell. She also reveals Katherine’s plan, which is to ring the Maxwell Bell and set Mystic Falls aflame with Hell Fire. Matt, of course, refuses to the ring the bell, but to quote his mom, “Good thing you weren’t an only child.”
- *insert Surprise Bitch GIF here* VICKY’S BACK AND SHE’S RINGING THE BELL. (I mean honestly, what did the poor girl due to real deserve hell? She was just a crackhead. & tried to kill a lot of people.)
- Well of course the writers have to end the episode with Bonnie suffering because of the bell’s ringing and passing out with a bloody nose. They close the episode with Bonnie on the floor and we don’t know if she is dead or alive.
Well guys, the time has come to say goodbye to The Vampire Diaries. Don’t forget to tune in Friday at 7 for the recap episode and then at 8 to see the final episode of TVD, which will hopefully include the return of Katherine (actually showing her face,) the reunion of Delena (& hopefully Klaroline,) and the major death that will close out the series.
Good luck ya’ll. I know I plan to have a bottle of champagne and a box of tissues handy!