Gather around Klaroline shippers, because our ship just may be on the rise–once again that is. The fandom’s been off keeping busy in fanon to ensure the longevity of our spirit, but it seems as though the show might save us a bit of effort and provide us some long awaited amo. Yes, that’s right, Klaroline is making it’s return to canon (oh my, that felt amazing to write) and not in a negative way.
As some of you may know, there’s been a bit of a spoiler hook-up over at my blog, and I received the most exciting info to-date! Canon is a bit murky with ‘The Vampire Diaries’having a dual timeline, and so close to a time-jump that ‘The Originals’ will not be following on–that we know of. However, these tidbits definitely provide opportunities for our lovely ship. That being said, let’s go through what we do know, and what’s still up in the air.
What we know:
- We know that in this week’s episode (7×13), there will be a flashforward in which Caroline tells Alaric that she’s headed to New Orleans to see a friend (safe to assume Klaus?), with twins in tow.
- In a 7×14 flashforward we find out that upon arriving in New Orleans, Caroline’s been told that Klaus hasn’t been seen in the city for three years (the same number of years TVD flashed forward, coincidence? Hopefully not!).
- In 7×14 present time, Stefan seeks refuge in New Orleans while on the run from the huntress, and he runs into Klaus–it is his city after all.
- Also in 7×14 Klaus and Caroline share a phone conversation that is sure to enforce so many things that make Klaroline beautiful.
- Stefan and Caroline still have a break-up to go through in present time, and from the sounds of it, it’s not in 7×14, which leaves 7×15.
What we don’t know:
- Why exactly does Caroline go to Klaus, she does make the decision after being freed by Matt from the huntress’ grasp. Does she go to him for protection maybe?
- Where on earth is Klaus? He’s been very adamant about staying in New Orleans, only we find out in three years he’s nowhere to be seen. Not to mention, there is a looming prophecy of the Mikaelson’s demise in play on ‘The Originals’ aka, present time.
- Since Caroline is the character that sheds a teasing light that something happens to result in an M.I.A Klaus, is it because she’ll have a part to play? Do remember Candice King has a current maternity leave she’s on, one that’ll last show-wise from episode’s 7×16-7×20. Is it possible Caroline will be written to stay in New Orleans during this time, and do a bit of investigating?
- If that’s not what they’ll have Caroline do on her absence, what will she be up to?
And there you have it, folks! As you can see there are some very interesting opportunities that will be presented in canon. This can truly go either way, whether that be in our favor, or vice versa. With the state of the shows continuing so up in the air, these plots do raise some intriguing possibilities. I think we owe it to ourselves to see where this might take our ship, so gear up KCers! Klaroline makes it’s return to canon on this Friday’s episode of ‘The Vampire Diaries’.