- Water condensed from atmospheric vapor and falling in drops.
- A fall of such water; a rainstorm.
- The descent of such water.
- Rainy weather.
- rains A rainy season.
- A heavy or abundant fall: a rain of fluffy cottonwood seeds; a rain of insults.
- rained, rain·ing, rains
- To fall in drops of water from the clouds.
- To fall like rain: Praise rained down on the composer.
- To release rain.
- To send or pour down.
- To give abundantly; shower: rain gifts; rain curses upon their heads.
“Waiting for an episode of The Originals worth watching is like, as Hilary Duff once said, waiting for rain in this drought. Useless and disappointing”