1. one of the four periods of the year (spring, summer, autumn, andwinter), beginning astronomically at an equinox or solstice, butgeographically at different dates in different climates.
2. a period of the year characterized by particular conditions of weather,temperature, etc.:
the rainy season.
3. a period of the year when something is best or available:
the oyster season.
4. a period of the year marked by certain conditions, activities, etc.:
5. a period of the year immediately before and after a special holiday oroccasion:
the Christmas season.
- a period with reference to the total number of games to be playedby a team:
- a 162-game season.
- a period with reference to the won-lost record of a team after it has completed its schedule:
- a .700 season.
7. any period or time:
in the season of my youth.
“‘Tis the season to be thankful for the two, maybe three, great seasons we did have”
Enjoyed this article? Check out similar articles: